Print preview Close

Showing 6230 results

Collection
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Memorandum outlining the history of University College, Dublin detailing origins and connection with the Jesuit Fathers

A memorandum written by Fr Peter M Troddyn SJ outlining the history of University College, Dublin detailing origins and connection with the Jesuit Fathers. Refers also to the proposal to open University Hall to other third-level students. Remarks ‘...the hall should continue to operate as it has done for so long...I query if the sixtieth year of our present building...and what I consider the centenary year of the Irish Jesuits’ occupation with one continuing body of students is an appropriate year to make so radical a change as is proposed.’.

Troddyn, Peter M, 1916-1982, Jesuit priest

Memorandum regarding University College and the work done there since it was entrusted to the Jesuit Fathers

A memorandum regarding University College and the work done there since it was entrusted to the Jesuit Fathers, its present position and its relations to the Catholic University submitted by Rev. William Delany SJ to the Episcopal Committee on Education.

Delany, William, 1835-1924, Jesuit priest

Catholic University of Ireland and University College, Dublin

  • IE IJA UNIV
  • Fonds
  • 1873-2000

The Catholic University of Ireland was formally inaugurated in 1854 with John H. Newman as rector. The Royal University of Ireland was an examining body only and did not provide tuition. In October 1883 the trustees of the Catholic University of Ireland leased to the Society of Jesus the University buildings of 84 and 85 with gardens, and the two uppermost stories of 86 St. Stephen’s Green (includingt the Aula Maxima and rooms over it) which were given the new name of University College, Dublin. In 1908 the National University of Ireland came into existence. In 1909 the Jesuit community left St Stephen’s Green for a new residence at 35 Lower Leeson Street.

Papers of the Catholic University (1854), the Royal University of Ireland (1883 - 1908) called University College Dublin and the National University of Ireland (1908), St. Stephen’s Green.

Irish Vice-Province of the Society of Jesus, 1830-

Lithograph of George Buchanan

Lithograph of George Buchanan from a picture by Francis Pourbus Senior in the possession of the Royal Society. Engraved by Edward Scriven. Published by Charles Knight, Pall Mall East, London.

Posters presented with the Pears Annual

Entitled: ‘Making Friends’ from the original painting by Yeend King in the possession of Andrew Pears Esq. (Size: 24 ½ x 19 ½ inches; 62 x 50 cms), ‘Beware’ from the original painting by the late J. B. Burgress R.A. in the possession of Thomas J. Barratt Esq. with the inscription "She has two eyes, so soft and brown, Take care! She gives a side-glance and looks down Beware! Beware! Trust her not, She is fooling thee", Longfellow, (Size: 24 ½ x 19 ½ inches; 62 x 50 cms) and ‘The British Lion’ from the original painting by Vastagh
Gezah in the possession of Thomas J. Barratt Esq. (Size: 21 x 29 inches; 53 x 74 cms).

Print of John Egan Esq. K.C.

Portrait print of John Egan Esq. K.C., Chariman of Kilmainham published by G. Robinson, Paternoster Row, London. Engraving attributed to James Heath after an original drawing by John Comerford in possession of Sir Jonah Barrington.

Print of Rev. Dr. Marlay, L.L.D

Portrait print of Rev. Dr. Marlay, L.L.D., Bishop of Waterford, bust directed to left, head turned and looking straight, in religious dress. Published by G. Robinson, Paternoster Row, London.

Engraved by James Heath from an original painting by Hamilton in possession of the Right Hon. Henry Grattan.

Print of John Phillpott Curran

Portrait print of John Philpot Curran, bust directed to right, head turned and looking up to left, in private dress. John Philpot Curran, Master of the Rolls in Ireland, published by G. Robinson, Paternoster Row, London.

Engraving attributed to James Heath, (1757-1834) after an original painting by John Comerford, (ca.1770-1835), in possession of Sir J. Barrington.

General Sir Thomas Kelly-Kenny

  • IE IJA TKK
  • Fonds
  • 1809-2013
  • History of General Sir Thomas Kelly-Kenny collection;
  • Lithographs & Posters;
  • Military;
  • Scottish Widows’ Fund and Life Assurance Society, Finance and Ireland;
  • Correspondence;
  • Boer War;
  • 1906 Travels.

Kelly-Kenny, Sir Thomas, 1840-1914, General

Documents related to Sodality history and surveys

File of documents related to Sodality history and surveys. Includes 'Sodality Conference, 1955', 'A Sodality Venture: St Francis Xavier's Boys' Club' by Charles Molony SJ, '350 years - The Irish Sodalities 1598 - 1948' by Rev. E. O'Connor SJ, 'Memorandum on Sodalities of Our Lady in Ireland, 1958', Extracts from 'A History of the Society of Jesus' by Fr William Bagert SJ, 'General report on Irish Sodalities, 1966', 'The Sodality of Our Lady in Ireland', 'Sodalities of Our Lady: Survey: May 1967', 'The Sodality of Our Lady in Ireland in the Nineteenth Century' by Rev. E. O'Connor SJ, 'Report on the present state of the Sodality of the Blessed Virgin in Ireland' by T F Ryan SJ, 'Nursing Sodalities', 'Common Sample Commentary Constitution for a Diocesan Sodality Federation', 'Sample Constitution and By- Laws for Union of Adult Sodalities', 'Popes who were Sodalists', calendar of 'Sancti et Beati Sodales Mariani' and record of donations from the sodality to Pope Pius XII, 1954.

'Parish Sodalists Red Book' and American publications on the Sodalities

Handbook entitled 'Parish Sodalists Red Book' belonging to Fr John B Kerr SJ. Includes booklets, sample membership cards and sodality seals. The articles are aimed at a American audience. Includes 'An Introduction to the Sodalities of Our Lady' by Fr Douglas E. Daly SJ and 'Moderator's Manual for the St. Mary's Integrated Four-Year High School Sodality Program'.

Kerr, John B, 1919-1978, Jesuit priest

Booklets and leaflets which are pasted into a scrapbook entitled 'Sodality Training Handbook'

Collection of booklets and leaflets which are pasted into a scrapbook entitled 'Sodality Training Handbook'. Includes 'Sodalities of Our Lady', 'An introduction to Sodalities of Our Lady' by Douglas E. Daly SJ, 'The Common Rules', 'How to establish a Sodality', 'The Bread of the Strong' by Paul Leonard SJ, 'God's Gospel and Your Prayer' by Stephen Redmond SJ, and a number of other booklets. Two sample diplomas of membership of the Sodality of Our Lady are pasted into the collection (in Irish and English).

Booklets for the Sodality of Our Lady

Booklets relating to the Sodality of Our Lady concerning rules, meditations, prayers, explanations and history of the Sodality. Includes 'Meditations for Sodalists', 'Rules of the Sodality of Our Lady', 'Prayers for the Dying', 'How to Establish a Sodality', 'His Mother's Beads', 'No surer way to heaven', 'What is the sodality of Our Lady?', 'The Message', 'Guide to the Sodality of Our Lady', 'The Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Ireland: A short history' by Fr John MacErlean SJ, 'Sodality of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Joseph: For Invalids', 'Sodality of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Joseph: For Invalids, Daily duties', 'Magnificat Bulletin of the Sodality for the Sick' and 'Favours lost by a person who deliberately neglects to receive one holy communion'.

Sodality of Our Lady and Christian Life Communities

  • IE IJA SOD
  • Fonds
  • 1853-1985

The Sodality of Our Lady, an association formed by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and approved by the Holy See, was a religious body which aimed at fostering in its members an ardent devotion, reverence and filial love towards the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary & St Patrick was canonically erected in the Church of St Francis Xavier, Upper Gardiner Street on 1st May, 1853. Members of a sodality would attend devotions in the evening time or at weekends.

The material documents the creation of sodalities in Ireland from 1863 to 1960. This is known as ‘aggregation to the Primae Primariae’ and sodalities were formed in many colleges, convents, hospitals, parishes, and schools. Sodality booklets and newsletters provide background and history to the work of sodalities in Ireland.

Irish Vice-Province of the Society of Jesus, 1830-

Mungret College, Limerick

The papers provide an insight into the daily workings of the Mungret College, as well as the Jesuit community who resided there. The bulk of material relates to correspondence, deeds, leases, minutes, account books, custom books, photographs, diaries and journals. Includes reference to:

  • the establishment of Mungret College in 1882 (including references to the Mungret Model Farm and school), purchase of the site and deeds;
  • correspondence between Lord Emly, Tervoe, (1812-1894), Limerick and Fr William Ronan SJ (1825-1907) concerning Mungret;
  • Fr William Ronan SJ (1825-1907) - biographical information, letters to Irish Fr Provincial on establishment of Mungret (1880-1882), fund-raising Tour (1882-1893), letters written by Fr Ronan SJ (1882-1896);
  • lists, registers, catalogues and results of students to the Apostolic and Lay school;
  • accounts for Mungret College (1882-1928);

Fr Thomas Morrissey SJ has researched the history of Mungret College and his research notes are included in the papers.

Mungret College, Limerick, 1882-1974

Gonzaga College SJ

In 1947, the decision to open a Jesuit school on the south side of Dublin was taken. The purchase in 1949 of Sandford Lodge and Sandford Hill belonging to the Bewley Estate consisted of 15 acres in Ranelagh, two miles south of Dublin city centre. The college opened on 8 September 1950, with 52 boys registering. The founding Jesuit Superior (and later first Rector) was Fr Charles O'Conor SJ (The O' Conor Don) (1906-1981), and the first Prefect of Studies was Fr Bill White SJ (1912-1988).

The papers of Gonzaga College consist mainly of letters relating to: the foundation of the College (1950); prospectus and rules (1950); annual financial statements and accounts of the school and community (1958-1979); correspondence between the Rectors of Gonzaga College and Irish Jesuit Provincials concerning school and community matters, such as finance, staffing and building (1960-1980); school administration (1970-1988); planning and development (1972-1977); building and renovations (1963-1981); educational affairs such as the teaching of physics, chemistry and religious education (1966-1975). There are only a few early photographs of Gonzaga College (1950-1970).

St Ignatius Parents’ Association

Copy letter from D. Nevin (St. Ignatius Parents’ Association (Reconstruction) to parents asking for contributions ‘towards defraying the very heavy cost of reconstruction of St Ignatius College, Galway’. Indicates how to contribute and explains the chance of getting a gift of £25 or £50 for every pound contributed.

Account ledger of St Ignatius College, Galway

  • IE IJA SC/GALW/8/3
  • Item
  • (1 September 1911- ); 1 September 1919 - 1 August 1926; August 1927 - July 1933
  • Part of Jesuit colleges in Ireland

Handwritten account ledger of St Ignatius College, Galway. First entry is a balance sheet which includes: liabilities such as sundry creditors; loan; and assets such as sundry debtors, premises, church, furniture, schoolbooks, investments, and cash in bank. Entries are divided by month, ‘Fruit, Veg…Weekly Bills, Organ Blower, Choir Music, Mrs. Tierney, Books & Papers’(January 1921). Includes reference to school grants (1921 - 1925); electric light (1921 - 1927) dividends from investments (1922 - 1925); rates insurance and rent payable (1922 - 1925); visitors and their length of stay and payment (1921 - 1926), weekly bills (1919 - 1921); Personal (1921 - 1922) at rear of volume.

Receipts from businesses in Galway to St Ignatius College and Church

File of receipts from businesses in Galway to St Ignatius College and Church. Receipts from 1875 include: Midland Great Western Railway; Mercantile and General Printing Office; Galway Town Commissioners; E. O'Malley, China, Delph & Glass warehouse, Galway; Burns, Oates & Co., Office of the Irish Ecclesiastical Record; Martin, Hill & Co. File of receipts from 1964 include: BBC Publication;, Browne and Nolan Limited; Patrick J. Sheahan; Consulting Architect & Civil Engineer; John Carr & Sons Ltd; The Chappell Piano Co. Ltd; The Educational Company of Ireland, Limited; Gunning & Son Ltd, Ecclesiastical Art Metal Manufacturers; Tony O'Sullivan, Pork Butcher and Sausage Manufacturer; O'Gorman Limited.

Bankbooks for St Ignatius Church and Jesuit community, Galway

Record of all transactions involving St Ignatius Church and Jesuit community Galway. Describes transactions such as ‘Electric’, giving date and amount, (11 April 1910). Handwritten entries detail lodgements and expenses such as: choir, whiskey, stationary, clothing, electric light, rates, books, shoemaker, furniture, painting, plumber, printing, chemist etc…

Account book for the Jesuit community at St Ignatius College, Galway

  • IE IJA SC/GALW/8/13
  • File
  • September 1911-August 1913; September 1923-August 1926; 6 August 1927-October 1932; November 1932-August 1935
  • Part of Jesuit colleges in Ireland

Account book for the Jesuit community at St Ignatius College, Galway which details receipts and expenses, including reference to: Travel expenses, alms, draper, stationary, butcher, food, servant wages, books, organist, oil, dentist, watchmaker.

Account ledger of receipts and expenses for St Ignatius, Galway

Account ledger of receipts and expenses for St Ignatius, Galway. Receipts include church collections, intentions, pensions (record of the payment of school fees entered as paid, in instalments). Expenses include travel, food (butter, bread, vegetables, meat, fish, and fowl) stamps, milk, oil, candles, wages, printing and clothing repairs. Also includes handwritten inserts of expenses such as Gas (January 1892).

Council meetings of the Men’s Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Ignatius, Galway

  • IE IJA SC/GALW/7/9
  • File
  • 28 September 1890- September 1937; April 1946 - November 1951; 14 May 1961-14 January 1974;
  • Part of Jesuit colleges in Ireland

Minutes of council meetings of the Men’s Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Ignatius, Galway. Refers to retreats and retreat directions, details members present and those proposed for membership.

28 September 1890-1 December 1912;
13 December 1912 - September 1937;
April 1946 - November 1951;
14 May 1961-14 January 1974;

Attendance registers for guilds associated with, St Ignatius, Galway

Copy book attendance registers, with Fr Peader O'Higgins SJ as master. Includes aspirant names for the Sacred Heart Guild, Blessed Virgin Mary Guild, Mary Immaculate Guild, Realt na Maidne Guild, Mother of Good Counsel Guild, Mother of Christ Guild, Our Lady of the Rosary Guild, Our Lady of the Wayside Guild, Star of the Sea Guild, Our Lady of Lourdes Guild, Mother of Mercy Guild, St Aloysius Guild, Our Lady of the Perpetual Succour Guild, Holy Name of Jesus Guild, St Francis Xavier Guild, St Ignatius Guild, St John Guild, Seat of Wisdom Guild, St Nicholas Guild, St Patrick Guild, Queen of Heaven Guild, Good Shepherd Guild, St Brigid Guild.

Letters from Fr James Rabbitte SJ, St Ignatius College, Galway to Irish Fr Provincial concerning his interest in the Sodality of St Peter Claver

Letters from Fr James Rabbitte SJ, St Ignatius College, Galway to Irish Fr Provincial Thomas V. Nolan SJ concerning his interest in the Sodality of St Peter Claver and his wish to obtain faculties to hear confession.

Rabbitte, James, 1857-1940, Jesuit priest

Letter from Fr Fergal McGrath SJ, St Ignatius College, Galway to Irish Fr Provincial concerning a school site the Bishop of Galway wishes to obtain from the Corporation

Letter from Fr Fergal McGrath SJ (Superior), St Ignatius College, Galway to Irish Fr Provincial Thomas Byrne SJ concerning a school site the Bishop of Galway wishes to obtain from the Corporation. Remarks that the Bishop asked that all Sodalities pass a resolution supporting his position. Refers to the situation as very difficult. Remarks 'We all disliked the proposal (that all Sodalities pass a resolution) supporting his position intensely, but felt that we must yield to the Bishop's wishes.'

McGrath, Fergal P, 1895-1988, Jesuit priest

Minutes of Committee meetings of Cumann Teresa, St Ignatius, Galway

Minutes of Committee meetings of Cumann Teresa, part of Our Lady’s Girls’ Club, for girls of 14-18 years of age who have left school. Givens names of President, Secretary and Treasurer. Insertions detail attendance: removals, full, partial and low. Minutes cover topic such as annual reports, rules, appointments, finance, duties, attendance and punctuality for example.

Register of the Apostleship of Prayer and the Crusaders of the Blessed Sacrament, St Ignatius College, Galway

Handwritten register of the Apostleship of Prayer and of the Crusaders of the Blessed Sacrament, St Ignatius College, Galway. Details list of classes, Spiritual Directors, President, Secretary, Treasurer, Promoter and members. Includes loose inserts of notes on; the Apostleship of Prayer; souvenir of reception for the Crusaders of the Blessed Sacrament; certificate of membership of the Apostleship of Prayer; list of members of the Apostleship of Prayer Cumann Brigid 1946.

Photograph of Senior sodality members, St Ignatius, Galway

Group of twenty-three boys dressed formally, with medals on lapel. In four rows, taken outdoors by Keogh Bros. Ltd. Names are printed. Some boy appears to be wearing shamrocks [St Patrick's Day]. Senior sodality members, St Ignatius, Galway.

Keogh Brothers, photographers

Register of the Boy’s Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Ignatius, Galway

Handwritten register of the Boy’s Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Ignatius, Galway. Details that ‘there is no record…of the date or circumstance of its establishment’ however ‘there is in existence a recording of the Sodality during 1887-1888 and subsequent years’. Includes member’s names and signatures and notes from meetings.

Sodality medals, St Ignatius, Galway

Medals for:
Prefect of the Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Ignatius, Galway;
Congregation of the Holy Angels;
Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Ignatius, Galway for R. Fr[ancis] Mullery, 2nd July 1871.

Register of the Apostleship of Prayer and Confraternity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, St Ignatius, Galway

Bound handwritten register of the female and male members of the Apostleship of Prayer and Confraternity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Includes lists of promoters; inserts of a Certificate of Enrolment to the Apostleship of Prayer of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (1877); list of books in library used for different subjects: Latin, Greek, Theology, Physics, German, Jesuitica, Mathematics. English Literature, Periodicals and Religion (1633-1918).

With signatures and practice handwriting by Daniel Leap[e], Bolart, Clara, King's County, 9 October 1912 and James Dolan, Roscommon.

Alterations to the Sacristy, St Ignatius, Galway

Architectural drawings for St. Ignatius Church, Galway which detail alterations to the Sacristy etc. Includes drawings for front elevation, sectional, details of skylight and plan. Scale: 1/8 inch = 1 ft. Notes on the rear that ‘Sacristy and Sodality Room etc. about 1900. Obviously whilst general idea carried out, This plan was not carried out in detail'.

Architectural plans for ‘Design for Proposed College of St Ignatius, Galway’

Includes: ‘Design for Proposed College of St Ignatius, Galway’ which details plan for Ground floor,1st Floor Plan, 2nd Floor Plan, Side Elevation and Front Elevation; ‘Design for Proposed College of St Ignatius, Galway’ which details Ground Plan, Plan of First Floor, Plan of Second Floor and Front Elevation; J. J. McCarthy R.H.A Arch[itec]t. Scale: 1 inch to 15 feet. Size: Colour washes on paper.

‘Map of St. Patrick’s Chapel’, Galway

The area of the map which illustrates the chapel is bordered by a red line: ‘Contents Stat[u]t[e] Measure, 0 a[cres[ 1 r[ood] 6 p[erches]. Written on the rear ‘Plans for original College’. The names of individuals living adjacent to the chapel are given as are main routes: to the north, Ropewalk, Mrs Henry, Mrs Clare; to the south’ Costello’s lane, Mr Patrick Nugent, Johh O’ Shaughnessy, J[oh]n O’ Flaherty; to the west: College road; the east: Mr Forbes. Man made features include dwellings shaded in light blue, ruins, roads and a stable. Orientation is given by a compass. 1 inch to 20 feet. Colour washes on paper.

Electrical installation in Science room at St Ignatius College, Galway

Copy of contract document, ‘Proposed Science Room, St Ignatius College, Galway: Document E Specification for the electrical installation including Scheduled, Summary and Form of tender’ by J. A Kenny & Partners, Consulting Engineers, Eglington House, Eglington Street, Galway for Fr John Hughes SJ, (Rector), St Ignatius College, Galway. Includes insert of copy of memorandum of agreement between Fr Pearse O'Higgins SJ, (Rector) St Ignatius College, Galway and Patrick Dolan, Electrical Contractor, Shangort, Barna, County Galway (1959) and specifications and general conditions of contract for the ‘Proposed Erection of Science Room at St. Ignatius College, Galway for Very Rev. Fr. John Hughes SJ Rector’ by Patrick Tobin, Consulting Engineer, 22, Eyre square, Galway.

Photographs of the exterior and interior of St Ignatius Church, Galway

Black and white photographs of the exterior and interior of St Ignatius Church, Galway. Includes:

  • the altar by W. Dowler, Presentation Road, Galway;
  • interior by the Connacht Tribune;
  • copies of a photograph of exterior by Robert French;
  • postcards of exterior by 'Yann', Galway c.[1965];
  • interior by R. Simmons, Galway - on reverse indicates that the old stations of the Cross went to Hatch Street, Dublin, the pulpit is inside altar rails, the old lights and statues of the Sacred Heart and St Joseph.

Photographs of the extension to Coláiste Iognáid SJ (St Ignatius College), Galway

Photographs of the construction of the extension to St Ignatius College, Galway, and on opening. Three albums containing images of the construction of an extension to school building, adjacent to St Ignatius Church. Most are images from views at street front. Taken by Fr Fergus O'Keeffe SJ and includes some photographs of him.

  1. Fr Cecil McGarry SJ and Br Martin Murphy SJ? on a ladder;
  2. Br Vincent Robinson SJ, Br John Adams, Br William Glanville SJ, Fr Fergus O'Keeffe SJ, Br Willie Fitzgerald SJ and Br Stephen Fitzgerlad SJ;

O'Keefe, Fergus, Jesuit priest

Photographs of the exterior of Jesuit related residences in Galway

Photographs of the exterior of Jesuit related residences in Galway. Taken by Yann Studios, Mainguard Street, Galway. Photographs have description attached. Includes:

  • ‘The house which was the cradle of St Ignatius College. It was opened in 1859’, located in Eyre square;
  • St Patrick’s Church: the first church in which the fathers of the Society of Jesus worked on their second coming to Galway’'
  • ‘The house into which our fathers moved on the conclusion of their mission in St. Patrick’s Church, April 1859. The house is on Prospect hill, Galway’;

Yann Studios, photographers

Building plans for the proposed additions to St Ignatius College, Galway

File of drawings of the building plans for the proposed additions to St Ignatius College, Galway. Includes letter from J. A. Kenny & Partners, Consulting Engineers, Eglington street, Galway returning the drawings to Fr Fergus O'Keeffe SJ (Rector) St Ignatius College, Galway (15 October 1970). The drawings of the ‘new’ community consist of: ground floor plan, first floor plan, top floor plan and elevations. Premises are surrounded by William street to the south and Raleigh row to the north. Plans illustrate new and existing properties: library, rooms, bath, W.C, lavatory, chapel, sanctuary, sacristy, store, cubicle, brother’s recreation room, lobby, corridor and present rooms. Scale is given and directional arrow. Ink and colour washes on paper. Material includes three drawings which give alternative additions to St Ignatius College: first floor plan, top floor plan and ground plan. Orientation and scale is given.

New building at St Ignatius College, Galway

File of correspondence and copies of documents related to the new building at St Ignatius College, Galway and subsequent work done on the building including the staircase and window frames. Includes copy of correspondence between Irish Fr Provincial Laurence J. Kieran and Rectors, Fr John MacSheahan SJ and Fr Andrew O'Reilly SJ, St Ignatius College, Galway regarding the new building and differences of opinion about plans; copy of garden agreement between Kate Egan, Sea Road, Galway, Thomas Byrne, 3 Ely Place, Galway and Fr John MacSheahan SJ, (Rector), St. Ignatius College, Galway (March 1937); consultors’ opinions on the new building and acquiring property; plan of St Ignatius College and Church with new building shaded (October 1937); tenders for Galway building (17 May 1938); proposals and contracts for work; receipts; sketch of the present altar; guarantees; particulars of work carried out; correspondence between Neil H. Nolan Electrical & Radio, 2 Ardilaun Road, Clonliffe Road, Dublin and Fr Andrew O'Reilly SJ,(Rector) St Ignatius College, Galway.

Sacristan notes at St Ignatius, Galway

Notebook with handwritten entries of sacristan notes form St Ignatius Church, Galway. Each entry is headed with the date and feast day, ‘Easter Sunday, 17 April 1938’, and contains announcements in relation to preparations, celebrants and times of masses. Includes index for 1936 - 1939 and procedures for certain feast days.

Results 1 to 100 of 6230