Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Kelly, Patrick, 1846-1907, Jesuit brother
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
19 March 1846-21 November 1907
Born: 19 March 1846, Australia
Entered: 03 May 1884, Richmond, Australia (HIB)
Professed: 15 August 1905
Died: 21 November 1907, St Aloysius, Sevenhill, Adelaide, Australia
◆ HIB Menologies SJ :
He joined the amalgamated ASR HIB Mission in 1901.
He worked at Sevenhill from 1884 until his death 21 November 1907,
He was a useful member of the Mission.
Note from Patrick Muldoon Entry :
Ent at the new Irish Novitiate in Richmond, and it was then moved to Xavier College Kew. He went there with Joseph Brennan and John Newman, Scholastic Novices, and Brother Novices Bernard Doyle and Patrick Kelly.
◆ David Strong SJ “The Australian Dictionary of Jesuit Biography 1848-2015”, 2nd Edition, Halstead Press, Ultimo NSW, Australia, 2017 - ISBN : 9781925043280
Patrick Kelly entered the Society at Richmond, 3 May 1884, and then worked on the farm at Xavier College, 1886-1888. The dairy herd was admired and his apples and gooseberries were appreciated. He was an energetic person and full of fun. He devised a new plan for destroying rabbits - giving them sour apples, which momentarily would stun them , and then one could kill them! He also worked at Riverview as a steward, 1889-1893, at Loyola College Greenwich, 1894-1895, and North Sydney, 1896-1900, performing domestic duties. He continued with this work at Sevenhill from 1901.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
- Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Richmond » St Ignatius Church (Richmond)
- Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Kew (Melbourne) » Xavier College
- Australia » South Australia » Sevenhill
- Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Riverview » St Ignatius College (Riverview)
- Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Greenwich » Loyola College (Greenwich)
- Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » North Sydney » Miller Street » St Mary's Church (Roman Catholic) (Miller Street)
Authority record identifier