A file relating to 'St Stephen's', the magazine of the University College, Dublin and the Catholic University School of Medicine, Cecilia Street, Dublin and the removal of the medallion from the cover of the magazine, and insertion of the Catholic University of Ireland. Includes a letter from Joseph Brennan, Honorary Secretary to the Representative Council, Catholic University School of Medicine to Fr William Delany SJ referring to the medallion. Remarks, ‘..it was not their (the Representative Council) intention to substitute a medallion of the Catholic University for the existing medallion. Their object simply was to remove the false impression conveyed by the wording of the medallion, that the magazine belonged exclusively or mainly to the students of University College, and was not the joint organ of the students of University College and of the Catholic University School of Medicine.’ (22 March 1906, 2pp). Fr William Delany SJ established St Stephen's, as a magazine for University College, Dublin, and not for the Catholic University of Ireland. Includes list of subscribers to 'St. Stephen's' (March 1906) and accounts (1905-06).
This disagreement seems to precipitate the end of 'St. Stephen's : a record of University life', Vol. II No. 12 (May, 1906).