Math o endid
Ffurf awdurdodedig enw
Guinee, Timothy, 1851-1919, Jesuit priest
Ffurf(iau) cyfochrog enw
Ffurf(iau) safonol o enw yn ôl rheolau eraill
Ffurf(iau) arall o enw
Dynodwyr ar gyfer cyrff corfforaethol
03 August 1851-05 November 1919
Born: 03 August 1851, Banteer, County Cork
Entered: 12 November 1874, Milltown Park, Dublin
Ordained: 1889, Leuven, Belgium
Final Vows: 15 August 1893, Clongowes Wood College SJ
Died: 05 November 1919, Sydney, Australia
Part of St Aloysius community, Sevenhill, Adelaide, Australia at time of his death.
by 1877 at Roehampton London (ANG) studying
by 1879 at Laval France (FRA) studying
by 1886 at Leuven Belgium (BELG) Studying
by 1891 at Drongen (BELG) making Tertianship
by 1892 returned to Australia
◆ HIB Menologies SJ :
He made his Noviceship at Milltown under Charles McKenna.
After his Novitiate he was sent to Roehampton for Rhetoric, and after some months was recalled with some other Juniors and sent to Tullabeg where he studied for the London University.
He was then sent to Laval for Philosophy, but due to the expulsion of the French Jesuits he returned to Ireland during his second year, and he was sent teaching to Crescent for Regency. He then did more Philosophy at Milltown and further Regency at Tullabeg.
He was then sent to Leuven for Theology and was Ordained there.
After Ordination he went back to teaching at the Colleges, and then back to Leuven to complete his Theology. On return he went to Mungret teaching for a number of years,
1902 He was sent as Prefect of Studies to Galway.
1903 He was sent to Australia where he worked in various houses until his death. A painful throat cancer brought about his death 05 November 1919
◆ David Strong SJ “The Australian Dictionary of Jesuit Biography 1848-2015”, 2nd Edition, Halstead Press, Ultimo NSW, Australia, 2017 - ISBN : 9781925043280
Timothy Guinee entered the Society at Milltown Park, 12 November 1874, studied philosophy at Laval, France, and Milltown Park. He taught French, mathematics and physics at the Crescent Limerick, 1880-81, and also at St Stanislaus College, Tullabeg 1882-85 . The long course in theology followed at Louvain, 1885-89, then he taught for the university examination at Clongowes for a year before tertianship at Tronchiennes, 1890-91. He taught at Mungret, 1891-1901, being prefect of studies, 1895-1901, and also at Galway, 1901-02, where he was prefect of studies.
Guinee arrived in Australia, 8 October 1902, and taught at Xavier College and St Patrick's College, 1902-13. Then he engaged in parish ministry at Hawthorn, 1913-15, North Sydney, 1915-16, and Sevenhill, 1916-19. He was superior for the last few years of his life, Finally dying of cancer of the throat.
◆ The Crescent : Limerick Jesuit Centenary Record 1859-1959
Bonum Certamen ... A Biographical Index of Former Members of the Limerick Jesuit Commnnity
Father Timothy Guinee (1851-1919)
Born at Banteer, Co. Cork, entered the Society in 1893. He spent one year of his regency at the Crescent, 1880-81. In 1888 he was ordained at Louvain and on his return to Ireland was master and prefect of studies at Mungret College. He left for Australia in 1902 and spent many years as master or at work in the church at Melbourne.
Ffwythiannau, galwedigaethau a gweithgareddau
Identifier of related entity
Math o berthynas
Guinee, Timothy, 1851-1919, Jesuit priest
Ardal pwyntiau mynediad
Pwyntiau mynediad pwnc
Pwyntiau mynediad lleoedd
- County Cork » Banteer
- County Dublin » Dublin City » Sandford Road » Milltown Park
- Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
- Australia » South Australia » Sevenhill
- England » London » Roehampton » Manresa House (London)
- France » Pays de la Loire » Laval
- Belgium » Leuven
- Belgium » Drongen
- County Limerick » Limerick City » The Crescent » Sacred Heart College SJ (Crescent) 1859-1974
- County Limerick » Mungret » Mungret College SJ, 1882-1974
- County Galway » Galway City
- County Offaly (King's) » Ballycowan (Bar.) » Tullabeg » St Stanislaus College
- County Kildare » Clane » Clongowes Wood College SJ
- County Galway » Galway City » Sea Road » Coláiste Iognáid SJ
- Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Kew (Melbourne) » Xavier College
- Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » East Melbourne » St Patrick's College (East Melbourne)
- Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Hawthorn » Immaculate Conception Church (Roman Catholic)
- Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » North Sydney » Miller Street » St Mary's Church (Roman Catholic) (Miller Street)
Dynodwr cofnod awdurdod